Our Yoga course offers a unique Teacher Training and is available in Hastings and Norwich. Vanda Scaravelli inspired an approach to Yoga that encourages you to ‘undo the doing’. Whatever your experience of Yoga may be, we can support you to use gravity and the wave of the breath to ‘awaken’ your spine, your body, your mind and your spirit.
We are accepting applications for an October intake but due to Covid 19 we may need to change our start date, for the latest update please visit Yoga Teacher Training
- Open to Yoga practitioners from different traditions with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Prepares you for professional practice as a Yoga teacher
- Part-time weekend study
- Creative and flexible approach to study for 2 years
- Unique formal Government-recognised teaching qualification – the Level 4 Certificate of Education and Training option
Attention to the breath, to the connection to the ground, to alignment of the spine and flow of energy in the body, all resonate throughout the art and science of both Yoga and Shiatsu. The Shiatsu College has been teaching these arts for 30 years and we can provide you with the tools to teach your own Yoga. At the same time, you will learn Yoga according to the philosophy of Scaravelli, explore the meridian system and its relationship to Yoga and discover the latest developments in the understanding of human energetics.
What will I learn?
- Footprints of Yoga, knowledge and practice – the philosophical roots of Yoga and the building blocks of energy work
- Anatomy of the energy body – postural alignment and the breath
- The power of breath – how the breath can lead to infinite discoveries in your practice.
- Matrix of Meridians – learn how Yoga asanas relate to the meridians and their functions
- Tranquility in Movement: the Yin and Yang of Yoga – learn how to strengthen the core with more complicated poses, balances and sequences.
- The Practice of Teaching – consolidates the teaching aspect of the course
Annie Cryar ( Hastings) and Cat Westwood ( Norwich) run this course. It is accredited by the Independent Yoga Network, an organisation for Yoga Teachers and Teacher Training Schools. As well as offering support to its members, it represents them in any forum that is likely to impact on the future of Yoga, and always with a view to keeping Yoga free and independent. We are also in the process of applying for the British Wheel of Yoga Accredited School Status.
Who is the course for?
- You need to have had a regular Yoga practice for at least two years to apply
- It is not necessary to have experience of the approach of Vanda Scaravelli and/or a knowledge of the meridian system
- This is a 500hour, two-year course. 364 of those hours are direct contact time. Certified by the Independent Yoga Network (IYN).